Primitive Quilts and Projects

Primitive Quilts and Projects Magazine

A premium publication dedicated to the primitive quilter, rug hooker, stitcher and more! Each issue features at least 15 projects from some of the most admired designers in the primitive fiber arts world.
www.primitivequiltsandprojects.com

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Hello, everyone!  Gretchen here again in blog-land!  First of all, let me just take a moment to tell everyone who didn't yet realize....CHRISTMAS IS NEXT WEEK!!!  AAAhhhhh!!!  I knew it was December, I knew we were in the teens on the calendar, I have a bunch of my shopping done and have even wrapped 3-people's-worth of presents.  But, I didn't realize C-Day was actually next week until yesterday - even though I have a calendar in front of me 24/7.  It's crunch time!

I know why I didn't "get" it.  It's because our Falcsik Family Christmas Sing-a-Long was really, really early this year!  On December 5 we all gathered together at sister Sally's house (hubby, Gary) for our 23rd annual gathering.  Everyone brings their instrument of choice...guitars, flutes, mandolins, banjo's, recorders, or even kazoos.  The handmade song books (laminated covers and all) are passed around and random voices start calling out page numbers and song titles! 
Big voices, 4-part harmony, lots of laughing, and even cow/sheep/goat sounds during appropriate songs.  If you don't happen to live in the area (i.e. Heather & Travis) you will probably get a phone call so we can serenade you over the phone line! 

The overflowing food table, the hot glog (or, is it grog...no one knows for sure) in the percolator, and usually one too many dogs running around....yes, it's an event no one in our family wants to miss.  If anyone is dating someone new the test of longevity is living through this crazy, wonderful family event!

Yes, this get-together marks the Falcsik Family Christmas Season.  I guess having it so early this year threw me off kilter.  I'll really have to put myself in gear over the next week and finish up some shopping, get baking and just try to take in all the pretty decorations, lights, sounds of this wonderful time of year.  I love it all!

So, that's a taste of our annual family tradition.  We would LOVE to hear all about yours!  If you have a moment, please comment below and share one with us today!  Thanks for reading, everyone, and I hope you all have a very, Merry Christmas....don't forget, NEXT WEEK!   - Gretchen


2 comments:

  1. Our family is so spread out that we don't have a "family tradition" but I have a tradition: I bake cookies and pass them out to my neighbors! Sometimes I don't see my neighbors much during the year but I like to touch base with them at least once at Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete