Primitive Quilts and Projects

Primitive Quilts and Projects Magazine

A premium publication dedicated to the primitive quilter, rug hooker, stitcher and more! Each issue features at least 15 projects from some of the most admired designers in the primitive fiber arts world.
www.primitivequiltsandprojects.com

Monday, September 22, 2014

The winner, and the next blocks!

The winner of the "Name the Quilt" Contest is.........

And just so you know, it was very very hard!!!! I enlisted a lot of help going through the names, and I apologize for not getting the winner posted until now!

Drum roll please..........

 
L

Leeanne! " A Life of Plenty" was the overwhelming favorite!

Leeanne, if you will email me your info at woolenwillowdesigns@gmail.com, I will send your prize when I get back from the Winter issue Press check Friday!

 

Here is a photo of one of the four blocks you will be making!

 

I don't have all four of mine made, but will after the press check later this week!

Here are your instructions!

Here are mine! (The template includes a 1/4" seam allowance!)

 

 

 

I just stuck my scissors there so you can see the unsewn part of the first two patches!

 

 

Now finish up that partial seam and voila!

 

TaDa!! Don't sew them together though! They look neat all sorts of directions! I'll show you how I plan to put them in the quilt soon!

Have fun making them, they are addictive!!!

Have a great week, and if I can get any sewing done while out of town, I'll post again at the end of the week!

Jeni

 

4 comments:

  1. Jeni: I seem to be having a problem finding where it says the size of the finished blocks. What is the finished size of the basket block in Part 3?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have never seen this block before. Thanks for the instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. que bien explicado... jamás habría pensado en hacerlo así. Fantastico. Un besazo

    ReplyDelete